Travelled to New Mexico this past long weekend (or long for me) with my friend YungMei for the wedding of my good friend Ashley to her fiancee Matt. It was a great time, and wanted to share my photos!
I think I am now obsessed with the Zia, which is the symbol of the Zia Indians of New Mexico, and is the symbol on the flag of the State of New Mexico. The Zia is explained as follows, per Wikipedia :
* the four points of the compass (north, south, east, and west);
* the four seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter);
* the four periods of each day (morning, noon, evening and night);
* the four seasons of life (childhood, youth, middle years and old age); and
* the Zia’s belief that with life comes four sacred obligations one must develop
(a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit, and a devotion to the welfare of others).
There is a lot I could say about this state, but simply put, I came away with a lot of respect for the New Mexican people. A strangely beautiful and sleepy place indeed.